Monday, May 22, 2006

The Lover of La Porteña

It is almost 2 a.m., and the milonga isn't crowded. People talk quietly in the dark, and my eye catches the smooth movement of a perfect barrida. I forget to breathe. He is the man who used to love La Porteña, and I think of the words of Nostalgias and I listen inside my head to the tears in Enrique Cadícamo's voice.

Quiero emborrachar mi corazón
para apagar un loco amor

I want to get my heart so drunk that it extinguishes a crazy love.
Angustia ... de sentirme abandonado ... y pensar que otro a su lado pronto... pronto le hablará de amor...
Anguish. To feel myself abandoned and to think that some other is at your side ... quickly, quickly, he will speak of love to her ...
La Porteña is in the hospital, and this man doesn't know.

No comments: